Sunday, November 17, 2013

LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub

Hey guys! It's been a while since I reviewed a lip product, and forever since I've reviewed one that's not lip balm. 
This was supposed be part of my Birthday Haul post, (right below this one!) but it was already posted by the time I received this. (I'll update the other post.)

This scrub, is of course, found at Lush, and is NOT a seasonal item. (Cola-fans: there's a limited edition Cola flavored one for Christmas!) 

     



I'll start by saying that I may have found my new favorite thing. There's no picture of the ingredients (it came out blurry), but here they are:
-Fair Trade Sugar
-Castor Oil
-Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil
-Methyl Ionone 
-Flavoring
-Polyester-3
-red food dye

It's EDIBLE. And it actually tastes GOOD. 
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here- I want to skip the entire "lip scrub" part and just move onto the "eat the entire container" part. I'm not quite sure how my digestive system would enjoy that.  

Either way, the scrub is meant to be licked off. 

To apply, simply take a small, pea-sized amount, rub and scrub it around, and the lick it off! 
Sugar is known for being an extremely affective remover of hair and dead skin (and taste-tay, too), so most of the dead skin comes right off! 

As for the scent, if you're a fan of all things sweet, or the Snow Fairy collection, you'll love this!

For those with more practical reasons than me, (aka: actually using it to get dead skin off) I'd say go for it. (Emilie and I are hoping to have some DIY things coming up soon- will a lip scrub be one of them?) 

I feel that the only down point with this product is the price. ($9.95)
For the small container, I feel like the price should be less, or at least make the containers/product bigger. You can get quite a few decent uses out of it, though, and that's all that matters. 

But, I have to admit, the little glass container is ADORABLE! I'm planning on keeping that little guy...

Final Verdict:
If you're willing to spend $10 on this, whether it be for dry/flaking lips, or just for fun, I say go for it! 

[Overall Rating: 4 Roses] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."-Coco Chanel