Monday, June 17, 2013

Bright Crystal by Versace


Remember when I said that Bath and Body Works' Japanese Cherry Blossom was the best? (You probably don't, but I won't hold it against you.)
I've officially changed my mind. Introducing, Bright Crystal by Versace! 

"Inspired by a mixture of Donatella Versace's favorite floral fragrances, Bright Crystal is a fresh, sensual blend of refreshing chilled yuzu and pomegranate mingled with soothing blossoms of peony, magnolia, and lotus flower, warmed with notes of musk and amber.

If this could be described in one word, it would have to be tropical. Bright Crystal is not specifically tropical, but also floral and clean. The Style in the description is 100% accurate. I'll admit- I have absolutely no idea how Yuzu, Acajou, and Vegetal Amber smell. My guess would be like an orange, wood, and, well, amber, I suppose. 
The first notes you're going to smell are pomegranate, Yuzu, and iced Accord. (Top notes) After that, it's lotus, magnolia, and peony. (The middle notes.)

I have a really weird nose, and I tend classify things perfumes/fragrances into three categories: (1) Smells like un-scented hand sanitizer. (2) PLEASE TAKE THIS OFF ITS BURNING MY NOSTRILS AAAAHHHHH HELP ME! (3) Ooh! I can smell it! This smells good. (This category branches off from there.)

It's fun and fruity, meanwhile being poised and elegant. 
This fragrance is great for the day (any time of year, but more so summer) and remains fruity.

I'd say that it is a must-buy. 

Overall Ratings:
Packaging: 3.5/5
Scent: 5/5
Price: $50-$90

So, our overall rating for Versace Bright Crystal is 4.5/5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."-Coco Chanel